Saturday, February 04, 2006

Capote Got To Me

I admit it. This afternoon, for the first time in a very long time, I walked out of my local movie theatre, rattled.
Shameless movie hound that I am, I decided an early viewing of "Capote" would be the perfect Saturday afternoon treat. Besides, I still have several movie pass Christmas prezzies that I really should be using.
So I went to one of the few films getting Academy Award accolades that I haven't already been to before the Oscars are handed out.
Not a mistake, really. Just disturbing. Far more disturbing than the love story in Brokeback Mountain, which only upsets anyone having any kind of identity crisis.
Capote was different. It peeled off the layers to show the dangerous side in all of us.
In the words of INXS' J.D. Fortune: "It ain't pretty after the show."
Glad I went. Sad I went.

No comments: