Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Good Fit

Out with the old, in with the new.
Bought a new pair of jeans yesterday. They are the same size as my old pair, but I the new just fit better. Thank you, gym (see previous blog entry).
So the old faithfuls are in the trash. Time for spring and new beginnings.
Last Sunday at this time, I spent the day reconnecting with a pal I haven't seen in over 20 years. After all this time, with her in Toronto, and me a continent away, both of us have evolved into technical writers. Amazing coincidence. We partied Friday at a St. Paddy's bash at an Irish pub, enjoying the jigs and the live band. Our get-togethers proved our "stalled" conversations have just picked up where we left off. Like well-worn shoes or an old pair of jeans. My pal from the O'Leary clan is a keeper.
So I am glad I spent this day at home, clearing away old magazines and clothes and such. It's been an eventful week.

No comments: